On February 12th, Liv turned FIVE! We kicked off her fifth year with a dozen different celebrations and too many sweet treats to count!
Liv helped me make a (gluten-free) confetti cake for her to blow out candles, but ultimately, her favorite birthday dessert was (and usually is) frozen yogurt from Menchie’s — with ALL the toppings!
When March rolled around, Liv said: “Now it’s finally Leo’s birthday month!” — as though she was more than ready to hand over the birthday baton.
- What is your name? – “Liv Clare Lurie”
- Do you have any nicknames? – “Weasel and Livi girl”
- How old are you? – “I used to be four, but now I’m FIVE!!!!” *Holds up five fingers!*
- What do you want to be when you grow up? – “A doctor for animals — a veterinarian. I’ll help kitty cats and cheetahs and dolphins.”
- What is your favorite thing to do? – “Pickup my bro and play with toys and get toy packages in the mail.”
- What do you like to do with your family? – “Have fun. All the fun.”
- Who are your best friends? – “Shay Lee Johnson, and Audrey, and Avery, and Kaya, and Leo, and Daddy, and Mommy!”
- What makes you happy? – “Mommy daughter time together.”
- What makes you sad? – “Not getting to play with my friends.”
- What do you do really well? – “Talk! Make a mess!”
- Where do you like to go? – “The beach.”
- Where do you want to go on vacation? – “On a cruise with a balloon drop!”
- What do you like to do outside? – “Play with my friends.”
- What is your favorite color? – “Purple and pink and gold and silver and the whole rainbow.”
- What is your favorite animal? – “Tiger, kitty cat, cheetah, dog, and dolphin.”
- What is your favorite TV show/movie? – “Home Alone! Miss Amber’s favorite part is when he says: ‘Keep the change, ya filthy animal!’ ”
- What is your favorite food? – “Candy! ALL CANDY!”
- What is your favorite book? – “Barbie books!”
- What is your favorite game? – “Wrestling Leo.”
- What is your favorite song? – “Let it go! Let it GOOO! Can’t hold me back anymorrrrre!”
- What are you grateful for? – “LEO!”
- What is your birthday wish? – “A Lego Friends house!”
- (And since we did the interview well after her actual birthday…) What was a highlight from your fifth birthday? – “My first time bowling!”
When Liv met Leo for the first time, almost a year ago, she melted our hearts when she said: “You’re my best present ever, Leo!” — words that still ring true. Recently, she scared her daddy when she came home from preschool announcing that her friend, Avery, has a boyfriend, and so she has a boyfriend, too. When I asked who her boyfriend is, she said: “Leo! He’s my best boy friend!”
Now that spring is here, we’re in the process of getting our big girl registered for kindergarten — a milestone I can’t believe we’re already facing, but she loves school, and she’s definitely ready!
Time is a funny thing… There are moments it seems to stand still, and others, when it flies by in the blink of an eye. Right now, as I’m reflecting on five years with Liv, it feel like yesterday that she was born, making us parents for the first time…
One of the things I’m most grateful for about our passionate Livi girl is that she helps me remember to celebrate every little thing, every single day. Life is too short to not be excited about it all!
This is FIVE!
And I have a feeling it’s going to be another delicious, exciting, fun, magical, joy-filled year…